Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bankon-ME is Here!

Over the past week or so, many chaps in my class have had something or the other to write about our “annual” event. Some of these comments have been controversial to say the least. But by some stroke of (bad-)luck, I have been able to stay out of any of the controversies related to the event. Many wouldn’t be surprised by this, as over the past 1 ½ years I have been one the most uncontroversial figures in the college (no kidding, have plenty of ammo to defend myself!).

Anyways, leaving aside controversies, chaps have even come up with some ingenious ideas that can only be compared to the latest Subhash Ghai movies. The idea of conducting a parallel event on the back benches can win a “Razzies”, come the end of the year. And just like above, I have hardly been in the nick of things when people have been spinning slick ideas right-left and centre.

So I finally decided to tackle the issue face-on, night before the big-day. Here’s my own personal contribution to event named , hold your breath... some more... a l’il more... ok breathe, Bankon-it (maybe now I will get the chance of writing on my CV in double-bolds, “core committee member of the Bankon-it event”). Many have been confused about what exactly the name is suggesting, bank on what? And to be frank, I have not been able to answer that question. In any case, the name of the event made me think of who & what I am? You may wonder what the correlation is. Well, it made me think are there any qualities in me that people around me can bank upon (hence Bankon-me, you see, Einstein!). It may seem egotist, but it is definitely not, as you can see from the list below. Bankon-ME:

1. if you wish to take a tour of Mumbai, as I am the definitive guide

2. to finish projects well ahead of time

3. to come up with the most practical advice/ideas in a desperate situation

4. if you need fake certificates, bills, etc

5. to organise the best party in town

6. when the going gets tough, that I’ll go home

7. finally and most importantly, to prevent you from doing something that is ethically incorrect.

This list can go on-and-on, and I had to stop somewhere. It’s been a learning experience writing this post, a journey towards self-actualisation. It also gives those pig-farts who have not thanked me earlier, an opportunity to make-right there mistakes (now a**holes, now). Alas! Now I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders by making a significant contribution to the event. Nothing can stop my CV from being short-listed now!

P.S. Futher contribution to the above lists are welcomed.

2 comments:

daman said...

jai ho bhaiya ji ki .... i wonder why i am not so desperate in putting my name in the CV .... though i feel that ppl need to be practical in life ....

aur ur "ethical" quality is unquestionable...... but i wonder whether i can count on you for visiting mumbai :), except bandra ...

Saurav Sinha said...

very hillarious.especially the "PIG FART" aspect...and i must admit ur best post till date:P..and yeah u stil haven't got those fake certifiactes..it now sounds like ages..:)